Congratulations to the Northeastern Students4Giving (NS4G) Grant recipient, City Life/Vida Urbana! The grant was awarded in collaboration with Professor Rebecca Riccio’s course, The Non-Profit Sector, Philanthropy and Social Change.
This grant was awarded in connection with this year’s NS4G’s funding priority: Uplifting Community Voice and Public Participation in Civic Decision
Learn more about City Life/ Vida Urbana and the amazing work they are doing in the community here!
Northeastern Students4Giving (NS4G) is an experiential philanthropy education program that combines rigorous academic content with real-dollar grantmaking to:
- Teach students about the socioeconomic role of the nonprofit sector and philanthropy in the U.S.
- Foster leadership, strategic-systems thinking, and innovation in the social impact arena.
- Prepare students to think, work, and collaborate across sectors.
- Promote a campus-wide culture of giving and civic engagement.
- Strengthen the relationship between students and the communities in which they live.
NS4G’s mission is to award grants to community-based nonprofit organizations that address critical economic and social challenges facing the Boston neighborhoods of Mission Hill, Fenway, Roxbury, and the South End.
Through grantmaking and volunteer work, NS4G strengthens the relationship between the Northeastern University community, their grantees, and the neighborhoods they serve.
NS4G would like to extend their sincere thanks to all of the organizations that have engaged with their program over this past year. Additional thanks goes to the Learning by Giving Foundation whose support makes NS4G’s grant making possible.
NS4G is advised by the Director of the Social Impact Lab, Rebecca Riccio and Human Services Director Lori Gardinier, MSW, PhD. NS4G is affiliated with the Human Services Program and house in theSocial Impact Lab.