The countdown is on! Only three days until our inaugural Publicly Engaged Scholar-In-Residence event featuring Dr. Timothy K. Eatman.
The Northeastern community welcomes Dr. Timothy K. Eatman for our inaugural two-day Publicly Engaged Scholar-in-Residence discussion series. Hosted by the Northeastern University Service-Learning Advisory Board (S-LAB), this event will take place from Thursday, January 31st, 2019 and Friday, February 1st, 2019 on Northeastern University’s Boston Campus.
The event aims to engage various stakeholder groups in a variety of formats, and will conclude with a summary presentation. This summary keynote will highlight both insights and patterns observed, as well as how these are situated within the broader landscape of engaged work in higher education internationally.
Meet Dr. Timothy K. Eatman
Dr. Timothy K. Eatman is an educational sociologist and publicly engaged scholar who serves as the inaugural Dean of the Honors Living Learning Community (HLLC) and as an Associate Professor in the department of Urban Education at Rutgers University in Newark, New Jersey. For over a decade, he served as the Director of Research and Faculty Co-Director, respectively, at Imagining America: Artists and Scholars in Public Life. Dr. Eatman is a widely sought-after speaker, workshop facilitator, and collaborator who has earned local, national, and international recognition for his leadership in advancing understandings about the multi-faceted impact of publicly engaged scholarship.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, January 31, 2019
- 10:30am-12:00pm Workshop: Unlocking Unconscious Biases (FULL)
- 12:15-1:15pm Consulting Workshop: Service-Learning & Community-Engaged Research (FULL)
- 1:30-2:00pm Quick Bite: Technology Tools for Collaboration Scholarship
- 2:15-3:15pm Round Table: Creating a Research Community (FULL)
Friday, February 1, 2019
- 9:30-10:30am Round Table: Listening to the Community (FULL)
- 10:45-12:15pm Workshop: Research Methods (FULL)
- 1:00-1:30pm Quick Bite: Faculty Rewards for Publicly Engaged Scholarship
- 1:45-3:15pm Workshop: Youth Volunteering – Tricks of the Trade (FULL)
- 4:30-6:00pm Keynote & Reception
*Click here for full session descriptions